- Assad and Saddam, Khan Sheikhoun and Halabja, 2017 and 1988
- On the Donald: How worried should we be?
- Report of a high-level private debate on Brexit in London on June 14, 2016
- Peter Cave on my review of Bryan Magee’s Ultimate Questions
- Bryan Magee’s Ultimate Questions, Princeton University Press, 2016.
Hazhir Teimourian on The tragedy of at least two Is… stentor61 on The tragedy of at least two Is… Tony Fahy on …
Tag Archives: The Times
In interviews to BBC radios this morning about America’s attack on Syria, I kept calling Assad Saddam. No wonder, of course. They were fellow Ba’thists and genocidal monsters, and they both used gas on civilians. Unfortunately, the world didn’t act … Continue reading
I’m writing this for those of my friends who would have enjoyed being present the other day in London as a distinguished panel of speakers argued whether we should vote to remain or leave in the EU next week. The … Continue reading
It occurs to me, more and more frequently these days, that we don’t often cherish the wonderful people we know when they still live. I thought of this particularly last week during a memorial service at St Brides church in … Continue reading